Friday, March 27, 2015

2015 RSC March Yellow Week 4


My yellow scraps have been cut into usable units. The two 8.5" crumb blocks in last week's picture are now a pot holder. I turned some yellow batiks scraps into a mug rug. A couple cotton knitted dishcloths made it into the picture. I've pulled my purple scraps and started sorting. I love purple and was hoping April would be a purple scrappy month. To see what others made with their yellow scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.
My BH Pineapple Blossom quilt top needs a blue outer border. It's going to be a big, colorful quilt, almost 80" wide and over 90" long. I'll start quilting it on my domestic sewing machine next week. No long arm here.
The blocks for my Hands 2 Help quilt are ready to sash. May do a row or two before next Saturday. Can't wait to see how they look sashed with light gray strips.

14 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely finish to March's yellow. I am hoping for purple in April too - reminds me of lilacs.

Laura said...

More pretty yellows!! Looks like the RSC blog has changed the background to purple, so maybe you'll get your wish for a purple April! Missing you at retreat! Maybe later I can post some pictures.

Preeti said...

Yellow is my favorite color and your pot holders and mug rug will add sunshine to any kitchen/home. I am so looking forward to your finished pineapple blossom quilt!!!
Thank you for your heartfelt comment about Sylvia on my blog.

scraphappy said...

Great end to the yellow month. I'm looking forward to purple for April as well. It will be a nice change from all the bright and sunny shades of March. Good luck quilting your quilt. Such a fun pattern.

Angie said...

Those cheerful yellow dishcloths would make dishwashing almost fun!

Nell's Quilts said...

What a great way to finish off a month of sunshiny yellow goodness!

Terri said...

End of the yellow month... did you use up all your yellow scraps? Love the dish cloths. Can't wait to see your quilts.
Hugs

make.share.give said...

Very nice! I love purple too and there's no long-arm here either.

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful finishes. I'm glad yellow is finished. Now on to purples which should be interesting for me. I seldom use yellow, however it's the same for purple. My dd loves purple however it's not my favorite color. I prefer greens, pinks and burgundies. So this is stretching me.

Impera Magna said...

Bright and colorful... and useful as well!

I picked up some cotton yarn to make dish clothes... but I'll be crocheting them!

Edith said...

I like how you have finished projects here, nice use of yellow scraps.

Magpie Sue said...

Such a cheerful potholder! Kudos on being so close to finishing a H2H quilt already. I have to get on the ball and get some sashing made too.

Sarah said...

Yellow is such a cheerful colour. All the daffodils are out in the UK now and it makes me think of better weather to come!

Deb A said...

Such great yellow's you had to work with. I need to finish up with yellow so I can pull out purple. Hopefully things will settle down with my parents heading home tomorrow and the kids on vacation until Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...